Before moving to apartment, I had asked my friends and seniors about their relationship with their neighbors. All of them do not really know their neighbor. However, since there are only 4 people living in my apartment, I want to be friend with them. Within the first week after I moved to the apartment, I bought Alfort chocolate and rang each room bell. I introduced myself and said, "これからよろしくお願いします”. We did not talk much, but at least, I knew their faces. It turned out that 101 is also a freshman in Keio, 201 has been living there for 7 years and is studying at Keio , while 202 is not a Keio student (he is quite mysterious, lol).
Since I had lived in a dorm for one and a half year, I often shared snacks and food with my friends in the dorm. So, I wanted to do the same thing to my neighbors. I gave them Unagi Pie (Eel Pie) after I got back from Shizuoka on the end of March. But at that time, I was too tired to ring their bell and have a little chat with them. So I decided to write a message and put the pie inside their mail box. I was so happy when I got a reply from 201. She wrote that she really liked Unagi Pie and offered her help if necessary.
202 once rang my bell to said that his friend was going to stay in his room for a day, so it might be noisy. He had also accidentally dropped his just-washed bed sheet and it fell on my balcony. He rang my bell and I gave it to him. Actually, he is quite noisy while walking and cleaning his room. His vacuum cleaner even sounds like a drill (or is it a real drill?). He is a clean and neat person, I think. He always puts his futon on his balcony once a week and well, clean his room more than once a week.
201 will always be remembered for her cries. Sometimes she cries and screams inside her room. She often comes back home late like at 1 AM or even 3 AM. My assumption is that she is so busy with her research and sometimes get stressed. Other than that, she likes to sing along with English songs.
101 is the closest one to me. Though we have only met each other around 10 times (when I say 'meet', it means see each other face and not talking more than 10 minutes) and had dinner once, I think he is a nice person. He came from Ibaraki Prefecture and is studying in the faculty of Business. He joins many college clubs such as guitar, piano and coffee lovers. He plays the guitar almost everyday and sometimes sings. It is nice to wake up hearing guitar sounds beside my room (FYI, our apartment is not soundproof). He never complains if I am noisy or my voice is so bad that it hurts his ears. I am really noisy when I talk with my friends on the phone and sing to release stress, but there is not even a single complain has ever come out from his mouth. *standing applause
Maybe I think too much about this, but our relation is quite weird. When I gave him the chocolate, he asked me to have lunch or dinner together next time. However, our first meal was 9 months after that. We added each other on Line after 6 months living in the apartment but now, I lost his contact.
Our conversation often ended awkwardly. Like while we were eating dinner and talking about movies. He told me that 'Kimi no na wa' would be aired on TV that night. I told him that I didn't have TV. Then he asked me to watch the movie in his room. He was being kind, but I did not feel right to go to his room. Moreover, Nia was staying in my room that day, so I politely reject his invitation. But after that, things went really awkward. He said he had to go to the supermarket and we didn`t talk much...
After that dinner, I met him twice but he only said 2 sentences. "I forgot something." and "I'm in a hurry." So I thought that my response made him think that I did not want to be his friend or what.
But maybe I am wrong. On the night after I got back from Disneyland, I found a white paper bag hanging on my door. There was a paper with message written on it that said, "There is so many leftover bread from my part time job's shop today. You can have them if you don't mind. If you don't need them, just throw it away. From your neighbor 〇〇." Inside the paper bag, there were white bread, walnut bread, chocolate eclairs, and two madeleines I guess. Yes there were a lot and I was so happy. Not only because I got free food, but it also means that he didn't intend to avoid me (this is only an assumption). Then, I gave him dim sum and chocolate dessert with the same way (put it inside a paper bag and hung it on his door with message on it.)
Actually I really want to ask him how does it taste, but well, I don't have the courage and too afraid that it will be awkward again. Maybe I have to try sometimes... I should improve my Japanese so that I can speak more honestly just like in Bahasa.
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar